Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Author Study: David Shannon

I wanted to post this for a very long time but never found free time to share my author study on David Shannon I did with my kinders back around November.  So finally after almost 2 months, I wanted to share with you some pictures we did!  Please read and look for a freebie. :)

I always make a bulletin board featuring our author we are studying about in our library/reading center.  My kids always enjoy looking at the books the authors write and matching the characters they are reading about to the ones I chose to put on the door.

I painted Camille from the book, A Bad Case of Stripes, during one of my in-service days in the fall.  Painting and drawing relaxes me when I am stressed from work.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7G1Y4SiU5JFNVpDTUFNMnFCN0k/edit

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7G1Y4SiU5JFNVpDTUFNMnFCN0k/edit
I loved reading A Bad Case of Stripes with my students.  We talked about foods we hate and love. You can download this activity {here} or on the pictures above for FREE!  You can turn it into a craftivity where students can draw their favorite food on a plate or turn it into a class book.

My kiddos loved making the No, David masks.  They used it all the time when they read the David books.  Get these masks for free from Kathryn's Kindergarten Kindergarten.


What is your favorite David Shannon book?  I love Alice The Fairy and A Bad Case of Stripes.  Let me know in the comments below!

1 comment:

I love reading your cheerful comments!