Thursday, April 19, 2012

Earth Day Picture Book

I know Earth Day is around the corner (aka Saturday) and this post is a little late.  But I wanted to share with you guys one of my absolute favorite books I discovered in college.  This fabulous book is called 10 Things I Can Do To Help My World by Melanie Walsh.

I bought this book a few years ago and I remembered having a difficult time finding it at the local bookstores (e.g. Barnes and Noble, Borders).  So I bought a used (trying to save the printing!) book on Amazon for a very cheap price.  Click on the picture above to go buy it on Amazon!

I wish I could share the what the pages really look like inside but I couldn't find this book in all the boxes I packed!! But thank God for google images! Here are some examples of what the pages look like:



What I love about this book is that it lets children be eager to help the environment out using easy, simple terms.  It gives 10 simple ways for children to make a difference in their daily life.  Each page has colorful pictures with a sturdy die-cut flap and an eco-friendly tip.  All of the recommendations the author uses, the children can relate to such as turning off the water while brushing your teeth (which can save 18 glasses of water) and using both sides of the paper.  This book is geared toward the little ones, but I'm sure upper elementary students will still enjoy the book, especially the flaps!

Please check this book out! I've gotten positive reviews from students every time I read it.  You will notice your students will be more self conscience in help the earth because they will be using both sides of the paper all the time!

7 comments:

  1. I am glad you posted about this book! I forgot that I bought it at the beginning of the year! haha!

    Adventures of a Third Grade Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just went and purchased this book for next year!! I just found your blog, it looks great- love your ideas. I am your newest follower.
    Barbara
    happyteachingfirst.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you purchased it! Your kids next year will love it! THanks for finding my blog!

      Delete
  3. I just got that book for my students this year and love it! I also love Todd Parr's The Earth Book.

    I am your newest follower :)

    Kara
    Spedventures

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for sharing this awesome Earth Day book. I hadn't seen this one before. Gonna snag it for next year :) I am glad I found you . . . I am your newest follower :)

    Kelley Dolling
    Teacher Idea Factory

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your cheerful comments!