With Father's Day coming around the corner, do your little ones have a present to give to dad yet? If not, why not give him an awesome gold trophy to place on his desk at work. This easy peasy homemade craft is perfect for a father's day present. I just did this with my little campers this week and they all enjoyed it (even the middle schoolers)!
- 2 styrofoam or paper cups (I used styrofoam because they were cheaper)
- small paper plate
- 1 gold pipe cleaner
- masking tape
- puffy paint
- gold acrylic paint
- Elmer's glue or glue gun
- Glue the bottoms of the cups together. Let it dry.
- Then tape the same part of cups that meet to reinforce the cup stability.
- Cut the pipe cleaners in half. Then insert the stems on the sides to make trophy handles.
- Use gold paint to cover the entire cup. It took me 2 layers to get a good coverage of the foam cups.
- Also paint the bottom side of the paper plate with gold paint.
- After it dries, glue the trophy to the plate.
- Then use the puffy paint to write "World's Best Dad", "#1 Dad", "Best Dad Award", etc. I used sparkling black paint.
** You can add Dad's favorite candy inside the trophy.
What do you usually give your dad for a father's day present? I like to take my dad to a Columbus Crew game. He's a big soccer fanatic!