Monday, October 15, 2012

Currently October

So I definitely failed to post my freebie up this past weekend!  Life caught up with me over the weekend/ I was doing some major house cleaning with my dad.  My poor hands are tired from all the scrubbing!

Because of my procrastination, I will post a freebie that I have been working on tomorrow!!  Stay tuned tomorrow because I can't wait to show you what I worked on the past two days.

Since it's midway through October, I'm linking up with Farley's Currently October Linky Party.

I always seem to be very busy when Once Upon A Time airs on Sundays!  So I'm catching up on it online (I just discontinued my DVR, but at least the commercials are shorter).  Anyone else obsessed with this show?  I love the whole twist with the classic fairytale stories into a modern "Lost" drama.

Some people have cold hands, I have cold feet!  One thing I love about the fall/winter seasons are FUZZY SOCKS!

Halloween is coming up and everyone in the teacher's lounge are talking about their outfits this year.  I have no idea what I want to be this year! My previous school I was at didn't allow staff and students to dress up for Halloween.  Any suggestions?!

I've been craving apple pie since I went apple & pumpkin picking with the BF a couple weekends ago. I definitely need to make more ASAP!  Also, I need to start carving my pumpkins soon!  I Can't wait to crack open this bad boy up.

I need to make an appointment for a massage! My whole body hurts.  I think it's the change in weather...I might have to have a spa day with some girlfriends. Don't we all deserve a little girl time once in awhile?!

Stealing Heaven is actually a young adult novel and I saw it recommended to me through my GoodReads account.  I just started and it's a pretty good book and it's a fast read.

Here's an overview:
Dani has been trained as a thief by the best-- her mother.  Together, they move from town to town, targeting wealthy homes and making a living by stealing antique silver.  They never stay in one place long enough to make real connections, real friends-- a real life.

In beach town of Heaven, though, everything changes.  For the first time, Dani starts to feel at home.  She's making friends and has even met a guy.  But these people can never know the real Dani-- because of who she is.  When it turns out that her new friend lives in the house they've targeted for their next job and the cute guy is a cop, Dani must question where her loyalties lie: with the life she's always known-- or the one she's always wanted.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I could totally use a massage myself! Definitely a foot rub at the very least. :)

    For Halloween, we're allowed to dress up, but this year we have to do this beauty pageant theme. All the staff was given a name like "Mis Dialed" or "Mis Understood" and we're supposed to wear a crown and a sash with our names on it. I think it's cute and all, but it takes the fun out of dressing up if you assign costumes, in my opinion. You could do something fairy tale-ish to hone in on your 'Once Upon a Time' passion!

    I'm your newest follower and found you through the Currently linky party. :)

    Rebecca
    Classroom Compulsion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's neat that the whole staff is doing a group costume! Seems kind of hard to come up with all of those unique names but I like the idea!! I was thinking of a fairytale costume since I do have a lot of tutus stashed up in the basement. Love your ideas, thanks!

      Delete
  2. Hi! Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you! This semester and work have been crazy! Any way! I'm your newest follower =)

    Lisa @ Tales of an Education Major

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your cheerful comments!