Saturday, July 26, 2014

My 2 Weeks with 160 Local Chinese Kids

The last two weeks have been a new and amazing experience for me.  My school hosted a summer English camp for 4 local Chinese schools which brought in about 160 students eager to learn English from me and many guest teachers from the USA who flew in for the summer.  The Chinese students ranged from age 5 to 13 years old! 

Our theme was Roadtrip in the USA.  Four teachers taught the 4 major regions of the US: Northeast, Southeast, Midwest, Southwest, and West.  I taught dance with another teacher who taught music.  It was so much fun!  I taught these kids how to country line dance, Native American dancing, the hand jive, and many other fun dances!
The parents enjoyed dancing to the 'Chicken Dance'.
They enjoyed singing "Head, shoulders, knees, and toes"

Singing "Bingo"

Keeping the beat with rhythm sticks and bells to a Native American Song.

Teaching some kiddies about cowboys and line dancing!

One week left of summer break before I have to report back to PD days at school!  Have a great rest of your summer!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your cheerful comments!