Thursday, March 8, 2012

Pi Day and Teacher's Notebook

Hi Bloggy friends!  So Pi day is just around the corner! Do you do anything special for Pi day aka March 14?!  Well I'm teaming up with Middle School Survival Guide's Happy Pi Day Linky Party!
What I like to do is make Pi Day bracelets with the kids.  Basically, you assign a bead color to a number and the kids recreate the number Pi into an awesome bracelet.  Here's my example...


The black bead represents the decimal point of 3.14 :)  I also created a simpler worksheet for the lower grades, which they use 2 colored beads to odd and even numbers.  They string the beads depending if the number is odd or even.  Here's what that looks like using white and pink.

Let me know what you think of my Pi Day activity! Also, if you have a Pi Day activity you do with your class, make sure to join the Linky Party!  AND GOOD NEWS, I just started my Teacher's Notebook shop.  So please click on the button on the sidebar to check it out! It's still pretty bare since I'm still playing with it.  But this awesome Pi Day freebie is HERE! 

**Update: I also added my link to my TpT store, so you can click on the pictures below to get the freebie! :)

Please leave me a comment about my first free item on Teacher's Notebook if you download it. :)

Quick question to all of the veteran Teacher's Notebook people, am I suppose to sign up for the business paypal account in order to receive money for paid items?  Do you guys use a personal or business account for your Teacher's Notebook account?  There is so much to learn-- such as I can't seem to make my banner any wider? Haha, hopefully I can spend more time this weekend to fix all of the little things.

Another thing, I just noticed that I'm VERY close to reaching 50 followers! That is just amazing to me!  So hopefully I can start a giveaway soon!  Any advice on doing those?!  I definitely want to jump in the bandwagon on promoting one for all the great bloggers out there!

9 comments:

  1. I have a personal paypal, but I plan to switch to their business options...I don't think it matters, but it is really easy to sign up and get started...

    Looks cute!
    Michelle

    The 3AM Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on opening your store! You asked about TPT, yes I'm liking it, it's easy to use but you have to sign-up for a membership to get 85% of profits where I understand TN is 100%? Am I right on this? haha

    Kaleigh's Klassroom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I heard too! I'm thinking about signing up for TpT like everyone else. It's just so much work to update both stores! haha And yes TN is 100% while TpT is 85% (which isn't bad)

      Delete
  3. The 4th grade team at my site does Pi Day stuff. I'll share your idea with them. I'm a new follwer. Stop on by my blog.


    Yearn to Learn Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing my ideas with your team! Stopping by your blog now!

      Delete
  4. Thanks SO much for sharing this idea! My 6th graders are going to work with the 4th graders to do Pi Day activities. This would be so fun!
    ☼Kate
    To The Square Inch

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't ever done Pi day with my kids...March Break always seems to fall on the week of the 14th.
    Love your ideas, though.
    I am your newest follower and thank you for your sweet comment on my blog.

    Teach~Play~Smile

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea! The kids will love this one for sure :)

    Your newest follower (thanks to Kate at To the Square Inch)

    ~Stephanie
    Teaching in Room 6

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your cheerful comments!